Sunday 19 January 2014

To the Frog Pond

The first couple of weeks back at work after the holidays have been exceptionally busy so please excuse my absence. I've knitted and spun here and there but have still got a few things to show you.  


So...as you know I've been knitting the Vertex Cardigan for a while now and I haven't gotten a huge amount done. I tried it on the other day, with a knitting friend, to ask her opinion about the armholes because I think they are HUGE! She confirmed my fears and agreed that I would end up with a lot of fabric under the arms if I knitted them this way. Due to this fact, and the many errors that I've already made in the knitting, I've decided to frog the cardigan. What a relief! 

Instead I am thinking of using the CustomFit website to design a cardigan of my own. I would really love to hear your opinions if you've used CustomFit. 

After knitting the Gravitate shawl for my friend I decided I wanted one but knit with my handspun. I cast on a couple of weeks ago but haven't got much done. I really like how my Inglenook Fibers Parrot Tulip yarn is knitting up. It's not consistently spun but the garter stitch mostly evens it out. 

During the holidays my husband and I went to Shanghai so I made a point of going to a bead shop as I was eager to try knitting with beads. I bought some seed beads in pink, emerald and silver. I then cast on the Rivoli Shawl using Forest Dew by Lotus Yarns and my silver beads. Currently I'm using picture hanging wire to thread the beads on but do have 2 Fleegle Beaders on their way to me, that I hope to receive this week. The shawl is really easy to knit with the help of eleventy billion stitch markers between each repeat! 

On a different note, Chinese New Year is approaching here so the school I work at put on a traditional Chinese dragon and lion dance and drum performance. It's the first time I've seen one and it was great fun. Take a look at some of the pictures! 




That's it from me this week. I will be back next week with some more knitting and spinning. Have a great week! 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment