Wednesday 12 February 2014

WIP Wednesday #1

As I've mentioned in the last couple of blog posts I've recently started knitting the Rivoli shawl. I thought that now would be a good time to show you as I've completed the first repeat and managed to take a photo where you can actually see the beads. 

The knitting is very simple but very effective. I am adding beads using the Fleegle Beader which I have found easy to use as well as considerably faster than using wire to add the beads, as I was doing before the beader arrived.  

The yarn is Lotus Yarn's Forest Dew in fingering weight, (it's a light fingering) and is gorgeous to knit with. It's a blend of angora, merino, tencel and cashmere, If you can try it, you should! 

One thought that has occurred to me is that the silver beads are perhaps too subtle but I hope that once it's finished they will stand out more. What do you think? Would you have used coloured beads? If so, what colour? 

What are you working on this week? Feel free to share in the comments section below! 

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I am not a good one to answer as I prefer subtle to contrast. They may become more apparent after a complete blocking. Pretty shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you're right about them coming more apparent after blocking. I'm looking forward to getting round to that stage although it may be quite some time until I do!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have used colored beads with that yarn, no ... what you have chosen gives it a very sophisticated look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do agree, it will be very sophisticated when it's finished.

      Delete