Monday 22 September 2014

Knitting Confessions #3

I am quite particular with certain things - probably even more so in my hobby time as I do it purely for my enjoyment. I love to knit with indie yarns but I really love to knit with my indie needles! 

I have several sets of Dyakcraft's knitting needles and completely believe that they are worth the cost. I don't have any on order at the moment and doubt I will for a while at least due to my collection!

The joins are amazing; particularly on the Heavy Metal sock needles, in fact they are practically seamless. The points come to a lovely taper so stitches are easy to move to and from the tips and the colours....well, based on my two most recent sets what more do I need to say? They add another dimension to my knitting and make the experience even more enjoyable! 

The sets I currently have are:

2 US 4-9 3.5in lace tips
1 US 4-10.5 3.5in regular tips
1 US 4-10.5 5in lace tips
1 set of US 0-3 3.5in Heavy Metals   
1 full set of DPNs US 0-9 

What is your needle collection like? 


Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful needles! My needle collection isn't nearly as impressive. Mainly because I use a lot of needles that I took over from my mother in law. They work just fine of course but are all boring and grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely that you use your mother in law's needles though. Special but in a very different way.

      Delete
  2. Lovely needles! I enjoy using Knitpro needles. They're pointy, smooth and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have also used Knitpro but the join drove me nuts and then i discovered Dyakcraft and haven't picked up another brand since!

      Delete
  3. I'm a Knit Picks Harmony's gal myself, I absolutely love them. I also have a set of the Addi clicks bamboo needles that I like, but my dog likes them more. She has chewed up one of my size 8's and one size 4. I've sworn off buying more bamboo needles, they are the only ones I've ever had a chewing problem with.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use Knit Picks but didn't get on with them that well. Bamboo is lovely to use but I think I'd also stop using them if I had a pet that ate them!

      Delete
  4. I have been looking at these needles for such a long time debating on if I should upgrade my KP Harmonies to them or not. The quality at KP is not up to my standard anymore and the DPs look like they would be even better. I am also conflicted on ordering the short tips so I can have interchangeable 16 inch hat needles or the longer tips like I'm already used to. And don't get me started on color! Lol.

    How do you find the DPNs? Especially at the smaller sizes. Are they sturdy? I accidentally broke a Caspian needle taking a sock project in and out of the bag, so I'm worried about wooden DPNs even though I prefer wood over metal because they are lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DPs are definitely much better than the KPs. As for tip length if you got the 5 inches you could magic loop hats. I definitely prefer where the shorter tips sit in my hand and I find the longer ones awkward to use. You could see if there is anyone on ravelry who lives near you that could lend you a pair to try. The Dyakcraft group have a thread specifically for that.

      The DPNs are lovely to use although I'll admit I think I should have got the 6inch length. They feel quite sturdy to me and I'd be surprised if one broke just from taking a project out of the bag. I hope that helps! They really are gorgeous needles. :-)

      Delete