Friday 8 August 2014

New Beginnings

So I'm currently sat in the hotel room having already packed (well...my husband has packed for us both!) for our 4am departure. Our flight leaves in about 12 hours and I'm feeling a little reflective.

China was a great way to start our adventure 3 years ago and I'm thrilled that it will be continuing in Indonesia. Leaving the UK 3 years ago was very difficult. The run up to it was very strange, hectic and somewhat surreal. I hadn't given the job or the move a great deal of thought right up until we left - this may sound strange as it was a monumental move but I was so busy with finishing off the teaching term that I didn't have the time or the energy to really process what I was about to embark on.

As I said goodbye to colleagues and various friends I didn't cry as I thought I would do because it still hadn't hit me that our life was going to be completely different. Saying goodbye to my parents at the airport made it much more real though; walking away from them (my mum and I both crying) was when it finally sunk in. I was moving a long way away from everything I had ever known; I had a one way ticket to a country and a continent that I'd never set foot in; I had no idea when I'd see my friends and family again. It was one of the scariest and hardest things I've ever done. It was hands down the best decision I've ever made.

Now I'm on the edge of another move. Leaving China was sad and soon I'll have to figure out my new workplace, begin to learn the language (I have the numbers 0-5 down!), work out where is good to eat/shop/get my hair done and start making friends again. Has it hit me yet? Sort of...but it's not a complete unknown anymore so perhaps it's going to be easier this time? One thing I can tell you is that right now I'm really excited about it and ready for a new adventure! 

No doubt I'll keep you posted!
 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment