Wednesday 16 July 2014

WIP Wednesday #2

Currently we're on our way back to Bangkok. We're taking the train, first class again, although it leaves at 21.04 so we won't get to see much scenery. Koh Samui has been wonderful and if we didn't need to get back to Bangkok then we'd definitely stay another week! We'll be applying for our Indonesian visas when we're there but have no idea at the moment how long that process takes. After that we're going to head to Singapore for a week or so! Needless to say I can't wait!

My biggest WIP at the moment is definitely my Custom Fit Cardigan. I swatched a while ago using some beautiful yarn from Inked Yarn that was custom dyed for me. It's a gorgeous blend of 55% BFL and 45% silk. My hope is that it is cool enough, due to the silk, to be worn in air conditioning. If not...well I'll most likely tolerate it anyway!! This is the third attempt at a cardigan for me, the first two were failures and frogged fairly early on in their short lives. Fingers crossed for this one please everyone!

So far I've done the back and one sleeve...not much considering I started it in May, but I'm cautiously knitting on my projects as I won't get my stash until about October. I have cast on the second sleeve but as I'm not in a hurry to finish it
I've only done one row! Obviously the pieces haven't been blocked yet and won't be until I've finished all of them and am ready to seam. Although I've found some of the pattern a little challenging to get my head around I have enjoyed this so far. The pattern is very detailed and provides you with row counts for each section. I'm feeling hopeful that this will turn out well!


The other WIP that I have with me is my beaded shawl, Rivoli. It's a stunning beaded, lace shawl by Anniken Allis. I'm knitting it using Lotus Yarns Forest Dew in a light grey. To compliment the yarn I am using silver beads; subtle but absolutely gorgeous. 


While I was busy/tired/stressed during the last term of work the shawl was barely looked at, never mind knit on. However now that I have free time/have the mental energy/am relaxed I'm getting a few rows done a day. I've now completed 2 of the 4 repeats and am nearly finished with my 3rd. One more full repeat to go and then I get to the easy part! I've no idea where I think I'm going to be wearing a shawl made from a blend of angora, merino, tencel and cashmere in Indonesia but look at it....how could I resist?!

What have you been working on?

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is a lovely shawl :)

    I've become a bit shawl-obsessed lately and want to knit and design only those...trouble is I don't actually wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why you're obsessed...so many gorgeous patterns to choose from and I suspect that designing the is good fun too. I found that I preferred particular shapes so perhaps you need to explore different shapes?

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I really like the addition of beads in the shawl. As you said, its very subtle, but they give enough weight to the fabric that it stays in place. And your cardigan will be fantastic! I'm working on my own custom fit sweater right now but mine is a pullover. I almost can't wait for the cooler weather so I can wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I'm curious to see how the weight of the beads affects the shawl. The CF programme is great isn't it? I'm looking forward to seeing your finished sweater!

      Delete